This course has been designed to meet the requirements of STCW section VI/1 and is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Course 1.19.
To survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment
This course is designed for all seafarers in any capacity wishing to pursue a career at sea, the competencies as described in the STCW and SAMSA Codes respectively.
- Safety and Survival.
- Emergency Situations
- Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats
- Personal Life Saving Appliances
- Survival at Sea
- Emergency Radio Equipment
- Helicopter Operations
- Apply first aid to survivors
- ABET Literacy
- Medically fit for sea
- Exit level: The competent learner will be able to perform the role of a crew member on-board.
- Assessment: Written assessment & Practical evaluation
- Certification: Certificate of Proficiency
- Practical session: Overall, costume and towel
Course Dates: See Calendar
Duration: 2 Days
Unit 10B, Forgate Square
Port of Cape Town
Tel: +27 (0) 63 114 2586